Colt 1911A1 US ARMY 45ACP circa 1941 [WB] ordnance stamped pistols are the hardest to find in any reasonable condition. This one is complete in it’s original configuration, described as very good plus. Shipped from Colt to the Springfield Armory 76 years ago, sometime in May of 1941. The pistol has the early Colt military blue finish and is fitted with brown checkered ‘Coltwood’ plastic grips. These 1941 pistols are some of the last Colt Model 1911A1’s to have a blued finish and the first to have plastic grips. Colt officially instigated use of the Type II phosphate finish (parkerizing) as of the Model 1911A1 serial number 729993 although the blued finish (Type III black oxide military finish) continued to be used through serial number 760000. Colt started using the plastic Coltwood grips at about serial number 725000. The pistol has all the original components such as barrel, milled trigger with serrated face, short wide-spur hammer, 1924 slide stop, checkered mainspring housing and improved 1911 front sight. The barrel is has a full blue finish and is marked: “COLT 45 AUTO” on the lower left side of the chamber and has a “P” proof mark stamped on the left side of the barrel lug. The Coltwood grips have the wide rings around the screw holes and are with out the interior strengthening ribs that are found on the later Colt grips. Single digit mold numbers are present on the inside of the grips. The magazine is correct with the two tone blue finish and pinned base. Matching serial number is stamped on the rear of the slide in two lines above and below the firing pin recess. The right side of the receiver is marked: “UNITED STATES PROPERTY with the serial number in two lines behind the slide stop hole. “M1911A1 U.S. ARMY” is roll-stamped on the right side of the receiver in front of the slide-stop pin. The Ordnance [WB] in a rectangle final inspection mark is stamped on the left side of the receiver below the slide stop. A “P” proof mark is stamped below the magazine release. The left side of the trigger guard bow is stamped with the Colt “P” assembler’s mark above the Colt triangle “V/P” proof mark. A “P” proof mark is stamped on the top of the slide ahead of the rear sight. The left side of the slide is roll-stamped with the two-line, Colt 1897-1913 patent dates followed by the Rampant Colt trademark and “COLT’S PT.F.A.MFG.CO. / HARTFORD, CT.U.S.A.”.